What Ideas to Start does.
- Guidance on product validation and product development (pre start-up stage).
- Provides coaching and business development for innovative start–ups.
- Provides coaching on how to effectively raise private or public funds for start-ups.
- Helps international start-ups to enter the Brazilian market.
- Identifies and recommends companies and teams for VC funds to acquire.
- Supports the applicable deal lead through the acquisition process including due diligence and deal negotiation.
- Assists with integration of newly acquired companies to maximize their impact for VC funds.
- Performs valuation analyses.
Prof. Rene Jose Rodrigues Fernandes – Managing Director
Prof. Fernandes is the Senior Project Director for the Centre for Entrepreneurship and New Ventures (FGVcenn) at Fundacao Getulio Vargas. He is also Commercial Director for the newspaper Jornal Integracao and lecturer in institutions such as FGV, UNESP and Senac. Prof. Fernandes has worked for Espírito Santo Ventures (Lisbon, Portugal), Interbanc Consulting and for CEPAM, a public sector consultancy.
At the Centre for Entrepreneurship he is the director for several projects, including the business plan competition “FGV Latin Moot Corp”, the best practices prize “Premio Empreendedor de Sucesso” and the Latin American version of the “Idea to Product Competition”. His research focus the competitiveness of high growth entrepreneurial ventures, start-up companies and entrepreneurship education.
Prof. Fernandes consults private & public venture capital firms for proposal analysis & prospective investment opportunities.